- Upgrade from a Legacy Plan to 5.0 with a new phone
- Former legacy plan
- DEFY XT
- 1.0 Unlimited plan
- 2.0 Republic Refund plan
- 4.0 My Choice plan
- Replacing the old phone as part of the upgrade
- Just activated the 5.0 plan
- It can take a few days for your number transfer to complete. Keep both phones handy during this transitional period as most inbound calls and texts will continue to be delivered to the old SIM phone until the number transfer is complete.
- You will know the transfer is fully completed when one of two things happens. Either:
(a) Your old phone will be deactivated
(b) Your old phone will be assigned a new number. We’ll then need to cancel your legacy service line with the understanding that it cannot be re-activated.
- Once the number transfer is complete, complete these steps on your new phone, if you haven't already:
- Install the new 5.0 SIM card in the phone
- Download and install any update to the phone's operating system, if one is made available
- For phones that were not purchased from the Republic store after 12/1/21 follow these steps to update the APNs: Finish Setting Up Your Phone
- Uninstall or disable the Republic app if it was installed; it is not compatible with our 5.0 plans
- Uninstall Republic Anywhere if it has been installed. We recommend the Messages app by Google or your preferred messaging app.
- If you are upgrading your phone and were using the Messages app on your former phone, disable the Chat feature on the old phone. See: How to Turn Chat Features Off
If you are upgrading to 5.0 from a legacy Republic plan and keeping the same phone, see: Important Post-Activation Steps When Keeping Your Phone While Upgrading From a Legacy Republic Plan to a 5.0 Plan