- Change from a 1.0, 2.0 or My Choice plan to a Republic 5.0 Plan while keeping your number(s)
- Online Account Portal
- 1.0, 2.0 or My Choice Plan
- Log in into your online account
- Click Manage My Plan
- Click Change Plan
- Review the guidance and click Build New Plan
- Shop for your new plan using the online store.
NOTE: You may choose any plan, and you may also add a line at the same time, but your number of lines must not be less than your number of existing My Choice or older lines. You may choose to shop any combination of phones or opt to bring your own phone (BYOP) for each line. You cannot shop for phones only without choosing a Republic 5.0 Plan.
6. Proceed through the checkout flow and submit your order.
7. Activate your new plan and SIM(s).
If you prefer, our Care Team can help you upgrade. Give us a call!
Republic Wireless by DISH Phone Support
8 am - Midnight, ET.
7 days a week
- You will need to build your new plan and select your phone configuration as if you are a new Republic 5.0 customer.
- You can add up to five lines, but you cannot only move part of your existing account using this process.
- Upon activation of your new Republic 5.0 plan and SIM(s), you will be credited for both the unused portion of your old plan cycle, and the unused portion of your new plan cycle (for which you prepaid). Your billing date remains the same.
- See also: How to Upgrade from Legacy 1.0 and 2.0 Plans (Including DEFY) to our 5.0 Plans
- Additional information you need to know when upgrading from a My Choice Plan:
- Temporary Service Issues after Moving from a 4.0 or Older Plan to a Republic 5.0 Plan
- When replacing your phone: Important Post-Activation Steps When Replacing Your Phone While Upgrading From a Legacy Republic Plan to a 5.0 Plan
- When keeping your phone: Important Post-Activation Steps When Keeping Your Phone While Upgrading From a Legacy Republic Plan to a 5.0 Plan
- If your phone was purchased elsewhere (BYOP) or purchased from Republic before 12/1/22 see Finish Setting Up Your Phone for important steps to enable data services and MMS
- How to Set Up Voicemail on a 5.0 Phone