Sprint 4G Network ends June 30, 2022!
Service on 3.0 phones using a CDMA SIM card ends June 30. Act now to avoid losing service! Read below for details.
Republic Wireless Phones using our CDMA (Sprint) network
- DEFY XT
- All Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 Phones
- Republic Wireless 3.0 Phones using a CDMA SIM card (See: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA)
In 2020, T-Mobile and Sprint merged into a single company under the T-Mobile brand. T-Mobile has indicated that it plans to retire Sprint's 3G and LTE networks.
- Published retirement date for the Sprint 3G network: June 1, 2022 (for DEFY XT, Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen), Moto G (1st Gen and 3rd Gen,) and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen)
- Published retirement date for the Sprint LTE network: June 30, 2022 (for Republic Wireless 3.0 Phones using a CDMA SIM card)
Republic Wireless has partnered with a bigger and better network carrier with 5G and 4G LTE coverage across America to provide an improved network experience for our members.
For Republic Wireless 3.0 Phones using a CDMA SIM card:
If you are on a Republic Wireless 3.0 phone with a CDMA SIM card, your plan and SIM card need to be changed before June 30, 2022. For additional information see Changing from a MyChoice 4.0 Plan to a Republic Wireless 5.0 plan
We encourage you to make sure the email address you have on file in the Account Portal is an email that you regularly monitor. Please check your email for more information on how to move to our 5.0 plans and a special offer available to you. The offer expires June 30, 2022.
DEFY, 1.0, and 2.0 Phones:
The following phones will need to be replaced. They will not be able to be used on any network on or shortly after June 1, 2022.
- DEFY XT
- Moto E 1st and 2nd Gen
- Moto G 1st and 3rd Gen
- Moto X 1st and 2nd Gen
- Some Republic Wireless 3.0 phones manufactured in or before 2017 that do not support 4G and VoLTE
If you are on the above phones, please check your email for more information on how to move to our 5.0 plans and a special offer available to you. The offer is extended to June 30, 2022.
For additional information see How to Upgrade from Legacy 1.0 and 2.0 Plans (Including DEFY) to our 5.0 Plans
Article Created From
- Ticket Number