Cellular service on phones using the CDMA (Sprint) network ended in June 2022. Members on Legacy 1.0, and 2.0 plans (including DEFY) and members using Republic Wireless 3.0 phones with a CDMA SIM card will lose all remaining Wifi service and their number on October 27, 2022, and will be unable to port or use their number after this date. Please move your number to a new plan well in advance of this date.
Republic Wireless Phones using our CDMA (Sprint) network
- DEFY XT
- All Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 Phones
- Republic Wireless 3.0 Phones using a CDMA SIM card (See: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA)
In 2020, T-Mobile and Sprint merged into a single company under the T-Mobile brand. T-Mobile has since retired Sprint's 3G and LTE networks.
- Retirement date for the Sprint 3G network: June 1, 2022 (for DEFY XT, Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen), Moto G (1st Gen and 3rd Gen,) and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen)
- Retirement date for the Sprint LTE network: June 30, 2022 (for Republic Wireless 3.0 Phones using a CDMA SIM card)
Republic Wireless has partnered with a bigger and better network carrier with 5G and 4G LTE coverage across America to provide an improved network experience for our members.
Members on Legacy 1.0, and 2.0 plans (including DEFY) and members using Republic Wireless 3.0 phones with a CDMA SIM card will lose all remaining service and their number on October 27, 2022, and will be unable to port or use their number after this date. Please move your number to a new plan well in advance of this date.
Upgrade to a Republic Wireless 5.0 plan and keep your number
- Log in to your online account
- Click Manage My Plan
- Click Change Plan
- Review the guidance and click Build New Plan
- Shop for your new plan using the online store.
NOTE: You may choose any plan, and you may also add a line at the same time, but your number of lines must not be less than your number of existing My Choice or older lines. You may choose to shop for any combination of phones or opt to bring your own phone (BYOP) for each line. You cannot shop for phones only without choosing a Republic 5.0 Plan.
6. Proceed through the checkout flow and submit your order.
7. Activate your new plan and SIM(s).
If you prefer, our Care Team can help you upgrade. Give us a call!
Republic Wireless by DISH Phone Support
8 am - Midnight, ET.
7 days a week
- You will need to build your new plan and select your phone configuration as if you are a new Republic 5.0 customer.
- You can add up to five lines, but you cannot only move part of your existing account using this process. All lines (up to 5 lines) must move at once
- Upon activation of your new Republic 5.0 plan and SIM(s), you will be credited for both the unused portion of your old plan cycle, and the unused portion of your new plan cycle (for which you prepaid). Your billing date remains the same.
- See also: How to Upgrade from Legacy 1.0 and 2.0 Plans (Including DEFY) to our 5.0 Plans. Note that DEFY XT, Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen), Moto G (1st and 3rd Gen), and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen) are not compatible with 5.0 plans. These phones were sold in 2011-2016 and are not compatible with new cellular technology - a phone upgrade is required
- Additional information you need to know when upgrading from a My Choice Plan:
- Temporary Service Issues after Moving from a 4.0 or Older Plan to a Republic 5.0 Plan
- When replacing your phone: Important Post-Activation Steps When Replacing Your Phone While Upgrading From a Legacy Republic Plan to a 5.0 Plan
- When keeping your phone: Important Post-Activation Steps When Keeping Your Phone While Upgrading From a Legacy Republic Plan to a 5.0 Plan
- If your phone was purchased elsewhere (BYOP) or purchased from Republic before 12/1/22 see Finish Setting Up Your Phone for important steps to enable data services and MMS
- How to Set Up Voicemail on a 5.0 Phone