- Symbols and text on the notification bar are now black instead of white
- Moto G4
- Open the Play Store
- Tap the three dashes on the upper left corner and then tap My apps & games
- Tap Installed
- Tap the Google application
- Tap Uninstall
- Tap OK when prompted
- Tap Install to re-download the Google application
- Tap Update
- This step may need to be performed multiple times to be completely up to date
- Restart the phone
A recent update to the Google application caused an aesthetic issue with the font and symbols turning black on the notification bar. By uninstalling, reinstalling, and updating the Google application, this should allow the white text/symbols to return to the notification bar on the home screen.
These steps may affect your saved display settings. This option may require you to move your applications from the app drawer back to the home screen in your preferred manner.
Article Created From