- To reset the phone to a factory state while powered off
Note: A Factory Reset will erase all of your personal content from the phone. To ensure your personal information is backed up, refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files and Before You Perform a Factory Reset.
- Power off the phone and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone Note: If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone.
- Hold down the Power key for a few seconds and tap restart two times.
- Wait until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up push Volume Up and Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when Recovery Mode shows up
- Choose wipe data/factory reset.
- Use Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm.
- Select Yes from the menu
- Press the Power key
- If Recovery Mode appears, choose reboot system now by using the Power button
Article Created From