- Set up a factory-reset phone with no third-party apps for troubleshooting purposes
- All Republic Wireless phones except the DEFY XT
- After the phone restarts following a Factory Reset, follow the prompts to begin the setup process and sign into your Google account.
- Do not restore from a backup, instead select set up as new or don't restore
- On phones on Android 4.4.4 uncheck the Backup & Restore box
- After completing setup, and once returned to your home screen, make sure the Republic app is downloaded and updated on your phone
- Open the Republic app to confirm that your phone number appears on the Your Phone Info Tab