- Unable to receive texts/short code messages from Wells Fargo's automated alert system
- All Republic Wireless Phones
- Republic Wireless phone number registered to a Wells Fargo account
- Contact Wells Fargo support and ask them to please expedite their Carrier Onboarding Process for Republic Wireless Telephone Numbers
- (optional step) If you have a Republic help ticket open, you can request to be added to bug ticket: 1593640 so that you are notified when we receive updates regarding this issue.
Wells Fargo has disabled automated texting services for telephone numbers registered to VOIP providers (what Republic Wireless telephone numbers are categorized as), while they take steps to roll out a new 'Carrier Onboarding Process'.
During the internal design of this new Carrier onboarding process we have many legal, risk, compliance, and regulatory reviews and approvals with our internal departments. Wells Fargo has temporarily put all carrier provisioning for all new carrier requests on a temporary hold to protect the new carrier, treat all requests equally, and follow best risk management processes for all parties.
As of February 7th, 2019 automated texts are no longer sent from Wells Fargo to Republic numbers (due to a change on Wells Fargo's network as they work to implement their own 'Carrier Onboarding Process' for their SMS verification and notification system.
Article Created From