- To back up text message using the Messages by Google application
- All Republic Wireless phones
- Android 8.0 Oreo or higher
- Messages by Google (formerly known as Android Messages or Google Messenger)
- Open the apps drawer
- Tap the Settings app
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, tap System
- Tap Backup
- Tap the Toggle next to Back up to Google Drive to turn it on
- Tap Back up now
- You will see SMS text messages towards the bottom of the screen along with the backup information
- If you do not have the option to backup SMS text messages, then there are third-party apps in the Google Play Store that may be able to backup and restore your messages.
- Backup includes messages sent and received. This does not include MMS media.
- If you're running Android 7.1 Nougat or below, your Google Account is able to sync apps, calendars, contacts, documents, and emails, but it cannot sync SMS and MMS messages
- For information on backing up other applications, files, and settings, see How to Backup Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files
Article Created From