This document provides general information about data (WiFi and cellular) and the Republic Wireless service.
WiFi data is referred to as the data consumed while connected to a WiFi network. Typically, WiFi does not have a limit on the amount of data that can be used and the speed is a bit faster than cellular data. The range of WiFi data is dependent upon a few factors like location, frequency, transmission power, the antenna type, and the environment. WiFi data is perfect for data-intensive activities (Skype, YouTube, Netflix, etc.). This section covers some general information about the functionality of WiFi data and how it works with the Republic Wireless service.
- WiFi: Overview
- Is WiFi Data Part of My Republic Wireless Membership?
- If I Am at My Home and Connected to WiFi, Does That Use My Cell Data?
- How to Set up a WiFi Router to Work Best with Republic Wireless' Service
- How to Search For and Connect to WiFi
- How to Set Apps to Auto-Update Only over WiFi
- How to Test Your WiFi Internet Speed
Cellular data is referred to as the data consumed while connected to a cell network. The amount of cellular data is dependent upon the amount that is purchased through the mobile carrier during a certain period, usually monthly. Mobile carriers utilize cell towers which allow for coverage in large areas like cities and/or towns. Cellular data is useful for activities like checking email or Facebook. This section covers general information about the functionality of cellular data and how it works with Republic Wireless service.
- Data Usage Policy
- What Is Cellular Data?
- What Does GB Mean?
- What Is the Difference Between GSM and CDMA?
- How to Limit or Prevent Excessive Cellular Data Usage
- How to View Data Usage in the Republic Wireless App on 3.0 Phones
- How to Change Your Plan
Below you will find some helpful frequently asked questions regarding data from our member community.
- Why Does My Phone Show Data Usage When I'm Not Using Any Data Applications?
- Is Cellular Data Supposed to Be On or Off?
- Does Roaming Data Cost Extra?
- What Is the Difference Between 3G Data and 4G/LTE Data?
- What is the Difference Between Data Saver and Data Freeze?
- How Does Streaming Affect My Cellular Data?
- Can I Use Cell Data During a Call on a Republic Wireless Phone?
Open a Help Ticket
If you are not finding the information that is needed or having trouble with WiFi or cellular data, then feel free to open a ticket with Republic Help. When opening a ticket, be sure to include the following info:
- What is the specific issue you are having?
- Which of your phones is having the issue?
- What steps have you tried to fix it?
- Does the issue happen rarely, sometimes, most of the time, or always?