- After installing Android 8.1 Oreo, an already active phone shows "Awesome! Your phone is supported by Republic! If you already have a Republic SIM card, please insert it into this phone now to get started. If you're not sure how to insert your SIM card, watch this video tutorial."
- May show after a factory reset of the phone once Android Oreo is installed, after installing the Republic Wireless app
- "Emergency calls only" or "invalid SIM card" error on active phone
- Active Moto G5 Plus
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Republic Wireless app
- Re-seat the SIM card while the phone is on
- Refresh the Republic Wireless Activation
- Clear the Cache and Data for the Republic App
- Be sure to clear both the Cache and the Data.
- You may be prompted to give the app permission to check your phone's status, if so, grant the permission.
Article Created From
- Personal observation of updating phone