Soak Release Date
- *Note: This update is being slowly rolled out over the next few weeks
- Added option for automatic spam call filtering
- Various bug fixes and stability enhancements
Instructions for Updating Your App
Instructions for enabling the automatic spam call filtering feature
- Open the Republic Wireless app
- Tap the gear icon at the top of the page
- Tap on Call and Voicemail Settings
- Tap on Configure spam call blocking
- Choose either Block spam calls or Block spam calls & voicemails
- Block spam calls: Republic will block calls from suspected spammers. These calls may still go to voicemail.
- Block spam calls & voicemails: In addition to blocking suspected spam calls from ringing your phone, Republic will also block spammers from leaving voicemails.
- This feature is not guaranteed to block all unwanted calls. Blocking unwanted calls is a tricky effort, as spam callers are constantly changing numbers, and spoofing legitimate phone numbers. Republic Wireless is using a proprietary method of determining and blocking only the calls that are most likely to be spam, while maintaining a goal of not blocking any non-spam calls.
- To disable this feature, follow steps above, but for step 5, choose Don't block calls
- If you believe a number is being blocked by this feature that is not a spam caller, simply disable the feature, and let us know by Opening a Help Ticket and reporting your experience.
- To block specific numbers from your Phone app, please see How to Block Calls on Phones with Android Nougat 7.0 or Higher