- Text messages are received encoded in Chinese characters
Our engineers are aware of this issue and are investigating with our messaging provider.
- Ensure that you are using Android Messages as your default messaging application
- Ask your sender to break the message into smaller parts to send, for now.
- Monitor our incident status page for updates.
- If you would like staff attention, you may open a help ticket:
- Explain the issue with as much detail as possible. Do you know what kind of phone the sender has? Do you know who their cell phone company us?
- Request to be added to master ticket 1914541 so that you will receive updates as the issue is resolved.
Republic Wireless uses industry-standard UTF-8 encoding for text messages and does not support other encoding formats. Texts received with nonsense characters are likely sent with UTF-32 or a different unsupported encoding format. Emojis or very long text messages are often the catalyst for this issue.
Article Created From
- Updated to re-use for 1914541