- "Check port: Moisture has been detected in your charger" notification is received
- Samsung Galaxy phones
- Ensure that no moisture is present in your charging port or charging cable, as actual liquid exposure is the most likely cause of this warning.
- If you notice or suspect moisture, immediately power the phone off and attempt to dry the area with a small static-free cloth.
- Check the Liquid Damage Indicator to see if liquid exposure may be more extensive on the inside of the phone. Stop here if the Liquid Damage Indicator is orange/red.
- Let the device air dry for at least 24 hours before turning it on again or plugging it into power, or else further damage may occur.
- If no moisture is seen or suspected:
- First, plug your phone into the charger, at which point you should still receive the error.
- Force reboot your phone while still connected to the charging cable
- Afterward, make sure it is showing how long until your phone receives a full charge, and that the error does not return.
While the most likely cause is actual moisture, there have been some cases where this warning is triggered prematurely due to software or sensor malfunction.