- Notification message "Your device is in power saving mode and the network connection is sleeping"
- This results in being unable to receive calls or texts while the phone is idle
- All phones Android version 6.0 and higher
- Republic app version 22.214.171.124 and higher
One possible solution is to add the Republic Wireless app to the list of apps exempt from Android Doze mode:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap battery
- Tap the options button (three vertical dots in the top right)
- Tap Battery optimization
- Tap the Not optimized drop-down menu and select All apps instead
- Locate the Republic Wireless app
- Tap it and select Don't optimize, then tap done
This message is the Republic Wireless app reporting that Android has entered into Doze mode, and has put the network connection to sleep. When you wake up your phone from Doze mode, or if there is an incoming call, the Republic Wireless app will then say "Connected to WiFi" or "Connected to cell".
More information can be found on the Community Forums
Article Created From