Note: This article has been archived. See How to Clear the System Cache on 1.0 or 2.0 Phones
- To clear the system cache on a Moto G1
- Moto G1
- Turn the phone off
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button for three seconds. Release both buttons.
- Use the Volume Down button to scroll down to the Recovery option on menu. Press the Volume UP button to select this option.
- If the phone reboots here, that means it timed out before you could complete the process. Simply start the process over again if this happens.
- Wait until you see the No Command screen
- Press and hold the Power button and tap Volume Up button
- You should now see more menu options. Use the Volume Down button to scroll until Wipe Cache Partition is highlighted
- Press the Power button to confirm your selection
- Wait until boot options come up and select "reboot system now"
- Wait for the phone to reboot
Article Created From