- All Republic Wireless 3.0 phones
- SIM Card
It depends...on the type of SIM card you have! How to tell if your Phone is Active on GSM or CDMA
For GSM SIM cards on Republic Wireless:
- A currently activated GSM SIM card can be moved to a different Republic Wireless phone.
- A GSM SIM card deactivated within the last 20 days can be moved to a different Republic Wireless phone.
For CDMA SIM cards on Republic Wireless:
CDMA SIM cards cannot be moved from one phone to another while they are activated.
Deactivated CDMA SIM cards may not be able to be moved to a different phone for several reasons:
- Each phone model requires a specific type of CDMA SIM card, so the CDMA SIM card from your old phone may not be compatible with your new phone.
- Some phones require a pairing process to be completed by our technicians prior to CDMA SIM card activation.
- In the event your SIM card has expired, please open a Help Ticket for a replacement
- For instructions on moving an active GSM SIM card to a different phone please see How to Activate a Republic Wireless 3.0 Phone with an Already Active GSM SIM Card
Article Created From