- Export contacts to a .vcf file for transfer or back-up
- Republic 1.0/2.0 Motorola phones without a default file manager
- Using e-mail as the transfer method
- First, you will need to install the Moto File Manager from the Google Play Store to be able to access the file you export.
- Then export the .vcf file from storage:
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Contacts.
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Import/Export.
- Tap Export to storage.
- The file will be exported to the path /storage/emulated/0/00001.vcf
- Open the Moto File Manager app
- Tap the Local tab
- Tap Internal Storage
- One of the first files you see in this list should be 00001.vcf
- Press and hold on the file until the screen changes color and the file is highlighted
- In the top right, Tap Menu
- Tap Share
- Select the e-mail application you wish to share with, preferably G-mail
- The e-mail app should open and create a new message with the file already attached
- Enter the address you wish to send to and tap Send
- If you export contacts to storage more than once, subsequent files will be named 00002.vcf, 00003.vcf, etc.
- A .vcf file contains all of your contacts in a single file.
- This will allow you to transfer the file using e-mail to the destination of your choice. If you send the e-mail to yourself, you can then access the same e-mail account on another phone to download the file and then Import Contacts From a .vcf File Using G-mail.
Article Created From