- Unexpected data usage from the Samsung Free application.
- All Samsung Phones running Android 11 or higher.
- From the home screen, swipe right to open the Samsung Free application.
- If prompted, select your privacy preferences, and then tap I agree.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Ensure that Stream Over Wi-Fi only is enabled. (Slider to the right)
- Ensure Auto Play and Autoplay next are disabled. (Slider to the left)
Alternatively, if you do not use this feature on your Samsung phone, you can disable Samsung Free completely:
Samsung Free has replaced Samsung Daily on Android phones running Android 11 or higher. This service has video feeds and news updates that occur via streaming services, which require a healthy amount of internet service to function.
Article Created From