- To reset the phone to a factory state while powered off
- Alcatel A30
- Powered off
NOTE: This reset will erase all data from the phone. See additional notes to backup data prior to the reset.
- Power off the phone and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone
- Note: If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power ables from the phone
- At the same time, press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons
- Release the keys when you see the Alcatel logo and/or feel a vibration
- When you see Android Recovery, use the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset
- Press the Power key to confirm
- Use the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes and press the Power key to confirm
- When it completes press the Power key to confirm the Reboot system now option
- After the phone restarts, please select Set up as new during the setup and after signing in to your Google account, to setup the phone as a new device
If you had a screen lock set up (pin, pattern or password) prior to performing a factory reset, you'll be asked to enter the Google email address and password associated with your phone during the setup process
An external factory reset will reset your phone to a cleared state - apps, internal memory, contacts, photos/videos, or other personal info will not be backed up or synced automatically. Any firmware updates you have installed will still be on your phone. To ensure your personal information is backed up, please refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset, as it may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From