- To reset the phone to a factory state while powered off
- Alcatel A30
- Powered off
Note: A Factory Reset will erase all of your personal content from the phone. To ensure your personal information is backed up, refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files and Before You Perform a Factory Reset.
- Power off the phone and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone
- Note: If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone
- At the same time, press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons
- Release the keys when you see the Alcatel logo and/or feel a vibration
- When you see Android Recovery, use the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset
- Press the Power key to confirm
- Use the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes and press the Power key to confirm
- When it completes, press the Power key to confirm the Reboot system now option
- After the phone restarts:
- If you are selling the phone, giving it away, or returning it to Republic, the factory reset is now complete, and you can power off the phone.
- If you are factory resetting the phone to solve an issue, continue with the instructions in set up the phone with no third-party apps.
- To restore contacts, photos, and apps associated with Google, you must have the correct Google account login information. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your phone and/or losing personal information.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset. Doing so may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From