- To reset the phone to a factory state from the external menus
- Alcatel A30
- Power the phone off and remove the charger, if inserted
- At the same time, press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons
- Release the keys when you see the Alcatel logo
- When you see Android Recovery, use the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset
- Press the Power key to confirm
- Use the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes and press the Power key to confirm
- When it completes press the Power key to confirm the reboot system now option
If you had a screen lock set up (pin, pattern or password) prior to performing a factory reset, you'll be asked to enter the Google email address and password associated with your phone during the setup process
An external factory reset will reset your phone to a cleared state - apps, internal memory, contacts, photos/videos, or other personal info will not be backed up or synced automatically. Any firmware updates you have installed will still be on your phone. To ensure your personal information is backed up, please refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset, as it may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From