- Prevent apps from using cell data, except for the Republic Wireless app and system apps
- Republic Wireless 3.0 phones
- Republic App version 22.214.171.124 and higher
- Open the app drawer
- Tap the Republic app
- Tap the gear icon in the top right
- Tap Data Tools
- Enable the setting by tapping on Data Freeze
If you do not see the option for Data Tools, please reboot your phone.
When not connected to WiFi, you will see a key icon in the upper right corner to notify that the device is connected to what Android would consider to be a "VPN," but this isn't a traditional VPN. As cellular data isn't "open for all apps," this key icon must appear.
The Republic application just checks that an application is one of the White-listed apps that would be used for our service; no data from other applications is monitored- this isn't a traditional "VPN."
For more information, see What Does the Data Freeze in the Republic App Settings Mean?
Article Created From