- To reset the phone to a factory state in the Settings menu
- Alcatel A30
- Settings menu
- To ensure your personal information is backed up, please refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files.
- Open Settings
- Tap Backup & reset
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap RESET PHONE
- Tap RESET
- After the phone restarts, please select Set up as new during the setup and after signing in to your Google account, to setup the phone as a new device
- Once returned to your home screen, you will need to make certain that the Republic app is downloaded and updated on your phone
- Once the app has downloaded and updated, open it to confirm that your phone number appears on the Your Phone Info Tab
For a complete reset, make sure Automatic Restore and Back up my data are set to off.
A factory reset will reset your phone to a cleared state - apps, internal memory, contacts, photos/videos, or other personal info will not be backed up or synced automatically. Any firmware updates you have installed will still be on your phone.
You must have the correct Google account login information before resetting the device. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your device.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset, as it may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From