- To find information on apps using cell data and control background data usage
- All Active Republic Wireless phones
- Open Settings and tap Data usage.
- Scroll down to view your Android apps sorted by data usage (or tap Cellular Data usage to view them)
- Tap the app(s) you don't want to connect to mobile data
- Tap Restrict app background data and confirm that you would like to restrict the app from running in the background (On some Motorola phones you will want to tap data saver as it will want to limit all but 3 apps)
When you restrict the app background data it will not work unless connected to WiFi, or if you are actively using it in the foreground of your phone. This will not only tell you which apps are using the most data, but will also tell you where the allotted data for the monthly plan has gone.
Article Created From