How to Replace a CDMA 3.0 Phone with a BYOP Phone


  • To replace a current Republic Wireless 3.0 phone on the CDMA network with a BYOP CDMA compatible phone



  1. Ensure your replacement phone is CDMA compatible
  2. Purchase a GSM SIM card from the Republic Wireless online store 
  3. Turn off your phone and install the GSM SIM card 
  4. Turn the phone on and perform the activation process on the phone. Make sure you log into your account and choose the phone number you would like to replace
  5. Once the phone is active, turn off your phone and insert your CDMA SIM card from your original phone into the new phone
  6. Turn on your phone and follow any final activation steps

Additional Notes

Not all SIM cards are interchangeable. 

Article Created From

  • 1275327

Having trouble finding the answer you’re looking for? Ask an Expert Member.
(Our Experts are not staff, but their knowledge of our service and phones is outstanding!)