- Activate a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) with an already active GSM SIM Card
- GSM SIM card
- To identify a SIM card see Is My Republic Wireless SIM card GSM or CDMA
- Make sure phone is off
- Put GSM SIM card in the new phone (installation instructions)
- Power on phone
- Connect the phone to WiFi
- Download the Republic Wireless app from the Google Play Store
- Open the Republic Wireless app and tap GET ACTIVATED NOW if displayed
- Sign into your current Republic Wireless account. Do not create a new account.
- Tap GET STARTED
- Select your plan
- Tap Move xxx-xxx-xxxx (your current phone number) to this phone
- If applicable, enter coupon code
- Tap SUBMIT ACTIVATION
- Once activated on your new phone, you old phone will automatically be deactivated.
- A BYOP must be activated with a GSM SIM card.
- For instructions on how to activate a BYOP phone on CDMA, please see: How to Replace a CDMA 3.0 Phone with a BYOP Phone
- A used SIM card expires 20 days after it is deactivated.
Article Created From