- Activate a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) with a used GSM SIM Card
- GSM SIM card
- To identify a SIM card see Is My Republic Wireless SIM card GSM or CDMA
- Make sure phone is off
- Put GSM SIM Card in the new phone
- Installation instructions are available in our Support Notes
- Power on phone
- If the SIM card was removed from an activated Republic phone, power that phone on, too, then set it aside.
- Connect the phone to WiFi
- Download the Republic Wireless app from the Google Play Store
- Open the Republic Wireless app, and sign into your current Republic Wireless account. Do not create a new account.
- Begin the activation process and choose Activate To xxx-xxx-xxxx
- You will then choose your current phone number as the phone number you would like on your new phone
- Your phone number will now be automatically moved to your new phone and your old phone will be automatically canceled
- A BYOP must be activated with a GSM SIM card.
- A used SIM card expires 20 days after it is deactivated.
Article Created From