- Screen is too dark
- Hard to read anything on screen
- Darkens constantly
- Only brightens when something is placed near phone
- 1.0./2.0 and 3.0 Republic Wireless Phones (excluding Samsung Phones)
- Android 5.0+, 6.0+, or 7.0+
- Open the Settings app
- Tap Display
- Tap on Adaptive Brightness to turn the setting off
- Note: Turning off Adaptive brightness could cause the phone to be too dark to do anything; consider manually adjusting brightness before and after
- Tap Brightness level to adjust manually to preference
Adaptive brightness doesn't always work well in low light areas. This is due to the sensor within the phone not properly adjusting the brightness of the screen to match the area. This sensor could also deteriorate over time as well as the screen itself.
Adaptive brightness is designed to adjust light levels to what is necessary in the current light and to save battery. Turning it off and maintaining a bright screen will result in faster battery drain.
Article Created From