- To enable the mobile hotspot setting
- All Republic Wireless phones on My Choice (4.0) plans or Republic Refund (2.0) Plans
- Republic Wireless app
Portable WiFi hotspot allows other WiFi-enabled devices to use your cell phone for Internet access and will use your cell data.
- Open the Republic Wireless application
- Tap the gear icon at the top right corner
- Tap Data Tools or Cell Data Settings
- Tap Mobile Hotspot
- Enable the slider next to Portable Wi-Fi hotspot
You can find and edit the name of the hotspot and the password under Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
All phones on our My Choice (4.0) plans can be used as a hotspot. Phones on our older Republic Refund (2.0) Plans™ can also be used as a hotspot as long as the phone is running Android Lollipop (5.0) or higher and has version 2.1 or higher of the Republic Wireless app installed. Phones on our 1.0 & Beta plans cannot used as a hotspot.
Article Created From