No longer supported for activation
The phone(s) described in this article can no longer be activated with Republic. Please see Phone Compatibility on 5.0 Plans for information on currently supported phones.
- Phone vibrates when calls and notifications come in, but does not ring
- Other sounds from inbound call audio and media can still be heard
- You've tried turning the call volume all the way up, but the slider won't move
- All Republic 1.0/2.0 phones (excluding DEFY XT)
- From your home screen, tap the volume down button on the side of your phone.
- In the slider that appears, tap All (with the bell icon) if either None or Priority is currently selected.
One possible cause is that you have enabled No interruptions or Priority interruptions only mode. This functions similarly to Do not disturb mode.
This is not the only possible cause of this issue. 3rd party apps, problems with custom ringtones, software corruption, or hardware failure could also be a cause and may require further troubleshooting up to a factory reset. If you continue to experience an issue, please open a Help Ticket.
Article Created From