- Switching from 1.0/2.0 phone to 3.0 phone
- Switching from 3.0 CDMA phone to 3.0 GSM phone
- CDMA coverage versus GSM coverage
All 1.0/2.0 phones utilize CDMA coverage. New 3.0 phones can use either GSM or CDMA coverage, but not all new 3.0 phones can use CDMA.
If you're upgrading from a 1.0/2.0 phone, or have been using a 3.0 phone and upgrade, you may be getting a GSM phone, or at least a GSM SIM card.
- To confirm if your new 3.0 phone is compatible with CDMA, please see What Phones Are Compatible with CDMA Service?
- If your new phone is CDMA compatible phone and would like a CDMA SIM card, please see How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card
- In order to find out which coverage your current phone is using, you can check your SIM card by reviewing Is My Republic Wireless SIM Card CDMA or GSM?
Article Created From