- To reset the phone to a factory state via the Settings menu
- Republic Wireless 3.0 Motorola, Nexus, and Google phones
- Android 8.0 Oreo and above
- To ensure your personal information is backed up, please refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files.
- Open Settings
- Tap System
- Tap Reset or Reset options
- Tap Factory data reset or Erase all data (factory reset)
- Tap RESET PHONE
- If needed, enter your PIN, pattern, or password
- Tap ERASE EVERYTHING
- When your device has finished erasing, if prompted tap the option to Restart
- After the phone restarts, please select Set up as new during the setup and after signing in to your Google account, to setup the phone as a new device
- Once returned to your home screen, you will need to make certain that the Republic app is downloaded and updated on your phone
- Once the app has downloaded and updated, open it to confirm that your phone number appears on the Your Phone Info Tab
A factory reset will reset your phone to a cleared state - apps, internal memory, contacts, photos/videos, or other personal info will not be backed up or synced automatically. Any firmware updates you have installed will still be on your phone. To ensure your personal information is backed up, please refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files.
You must have the correct Google account login information before resetting the device. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your device.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset, as it may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From