- SIM card error occurs
- Cellular service continues to function despite the error
- Typically occurs during the startup of the phone
- May be more frequent when Bluetooth is enabled
- Moto G1
- Moto G3
- Moto E1
- Moto E2
- Moto X1
- Moto X2
- Tap Continue when the error occurs to dismiss the message.
- Disabling Bluetooth may reduce the frequency of occurrence, however a Motorola software update would be required to resolve this problem. There is currently no known release date for such an update.
The issue appears to have started as a result of changes to the Google Mobility Services system app which lead to a timeout when the SIM card is communicating with the cellular partner during startup.
- This error is purely cosmetic and is a known issue that we have investigated alongside Motorola.
- It does not represent a problem with your SIM card in most cases.
- If you lose cellular service as a result of this error, then the problem may be something else. Please see our other Help articles about SIM card errors.
Article Created From