- To reset the phone to a factory state in the Settings menu
- All Republic Wireless supported Samsung phones
- Settings menu
Note: A Factory Reset will erase all of your personal content from the phone. To ensure your personal information is backed up, refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files and Before You Perform a Factory Reset.
- Open Settings
- Tap General management
- Note: For Samsung phones running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, tap Backup and reset instead
- Tap Reset or Factory data reset
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap RESET or RESET DEVICE
- Tap DELETE ALL
- Note: If you have a screen lock set up (pin, pattern or password), you'll need to verify that first
- After the phone restarts:
- If you are selling the phone, giving it away, or returning it to Republic, the factory reset is now complete, and you can power off the phone.
- If you are factory resetting the phone to solve an issue, continue with the instructions in set up the phone with no third-party apps.
- To restore contacts, photos, and apps associated with Google, you must have the correct Google account login information. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your phone and/or losing personal information.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset. Doing so may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From