No longer supported for activation
The phone(s) described in this article can no longer be activated with Republic. Please see Phone Compatibility on 5.0 Plans for information on currently supported phones.
- To reset the phone to a factory state via the Settings menu
- Huawei Ascend 5W
Note: A Factory Reset will erase all of your personal content from the phone. To ensure your personal information is backed up, refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files and Before You Perform a Factory Reset.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Advanced settings
- Tap Backup & reset
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone
- Tap Reset phone again
- After the phone restarts:
- If you are selling the phone, giving it away, or returning it to Republic, the factory reset is now complete, and you can power off the phone.
- If you are factory resetting the phone to solve an issue, continue with the instructions in set up the phone with no third-party apps.
- To restore contacts, photos, and apps associated with Google, you must have the correct Google account login information. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your phone and/or losing personal information.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset. Doing so may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From