- To reset the phone to a factory state
- Huawei Ascend 5W
- Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files
- Tap Settings
- Tap Advanced settings
- Tap Backup & reset
- Note: For a complete reset, make sure Back up my data and Automatic Restore are set to off
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone
- Tap Reset phone again
- After the phone restarts during the setup and after signing in to your Google account, please select Don't restore to setup the phone as a new device
Please back up your phone because a factory reset will reset your phone to a cleared state - apps, internal memory, contacts, photos/videos, or other personal info will not be backed up or synced automatically. Any firmware updates you have installed will still be on your phone.
You must have the correct Google account login information before resetting the device. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your device.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset, as it may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From