- Update to the latest version of the phone's software
- Connect to WiFi
- Tap Apps
- Tap Settings
- Tap Software Update
- Tap Download updates manually and allow for the update to complete
- To access the app drawer on a Samsung Galaxy S8, swipe up on your home screen.
- A WiFi connection is recommended when you perform an update but not necessary. WiFi may be needed to perform the update. If your phone is not connected to a WiFi then your phone will use Cellular Data during the update.
- System updates have a chance of deleting your personal information from the device. We recommend backing up your information before doing an update. How to Backup Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files
Article Created From