- Republic Wireless app asks you to "buy a SIM card"
- Phone may show error "SIM card not ready"
- Phone may show error "Authentication Error. Could not authenticate this device. Please make sure you have an active data connection. If this persist, please reboot your device."
- Unable to call or message
- No service/data coverage on WiFi or Cellular networks
- Moto E4
- Build numbers before NPQ26.69-41-4-1
- Update your Phone's Software to Build number NPQ26.69-41-4-1 or higher
- If your phone is unable to update to the NPQ26.69-41-4-1 build, continue to step 2
- If your phone shows a build number that is not NPQ26.69-41-4-1 or higher, it may still show as up to date. If this is the case continue to step 2.
- If your phone couldn't update via step 1, follow the instructions in Unable to Download the Latest Software Version on the Moto E4
There was an issue with an early version of the software which caused an issue with the modem on the phone. Updating the Build number on the phone to version NPQ26.69-41-4-1 will resolve this issue.
For information on how to check your Build number, see How to Locate the Phone's Build Number
Article Created From