No longer supported
The phone(s) described in this article can no longer be activated with Republic. Please see Republic Wireless Phones for information on currently supported phones.
- When attempting a profile update "COMMS_SOCKET_ERROR" or "Cellular Configuration Failed" error appears
One of the steps below should resolve this error message
- Power the phone OFF and ON 2 to 3 times to see if the profile update will complete
- Unplug your WiFi modem for 30 seconds, plug it back in, and then reboot the phone and attempt another profile update
- Go to Settings and turn WiFi OFF, then perform a profile update
- Note: This step will only work if you are within a reliable cellular coverage area, you can double check the coverage at your address here
- Connect to a different WiFi network and attempt the profile update
- Note: Verify that you have a solid Republic arc in the top left corner of your phone and that your Republic Wireless notification says "Great! WiFi Calls, Messages & Data"
- If you're not already working with Republic Help and none of the above steps resolved the issue, please open a help ticket
The profile update has failed, and the WiFi network is having trouble establishing or maintaining a reliable connection to our cellular servers
Article Created From