- To reset the phone to a factory state and clear network credentials
- Ensure you are connected to a good WiFi network
- Go to phone dialer and input * # * # 786 # * # *
- Tap Reset
- Input code 000000
- Tap verify/OK to reset
- After the phone restarts during the setup and after signing into your Google account, please select Don't restore to setup the phone as a new device
A factory reset will reset your phone to a cleared state - apps, internal memory, contacts, photos/videos, or other personal info will not be backed up or synced automatically. Any firmware updates you have installed will still be on your phone. To ensure your personal information is backed up, please refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files.
You must have the correct Google account login information before resetting the device. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your device.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset, as it may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From