- To remove all data from the phone, including cellular credentials under the direction of Republic Help
- Connect to a reliable WiFi network
- Open the Phone app
- Input # # 786 # in the dialer
- Tap Reset
- Enter the code provided by Republic Help
- Tap verify/OK to reset the phone
- During the setup, please select Set up as new device instead of restoring from any of the backups
- If you are looking for a standard factory reset, see How to Factory Reset a 1.0 or 2.0 Motorola Phone
- This reset will remove all information from the phone including cellular credentials.
- Note: this process will delete your apps/settings/contacts/pictures on the internal memory of the device, and you may want to backup the information before performing the reset. How to Backup Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files
- You must have the correct Google account login information before resetting the device. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your device.
- Note: If you reset your Google Account password 72 hours before or after your factory reset, it may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From