- Test to see if a WiFi network is suitable for sending and receiving texts
- All Republic Wireless phones
- WiFi network
- Swipe down twice from the top of the screen
- Tap the Airplane Mode icon
- Tap the WiFi icon to turn it back on
- Confirm you're connected to a WiFi network
- Try sending and receiving a few text messages
This test allows you to determine if the WiFi network is suitable for WiFi texting, as it forces your texts to use WiFi only.
This test will also help you to determine if the cellular coverage in your area may be causing any problems, because this test eliminates cellular from the picture - so if your texts normally encounter issues, but this test lends to successfully sent or received texts, it could indicate that your phone is often resorting to cellular, even when you are connected to WiFi.
If the test text messages do not send or are unable to be received, you can open a help ticket and reference this article.
Article Created From