- Perform an external factory reset on Moto E1, G1, X1, and X2
- Moto E1
- Moto G1
- Moto X1
- Moto X2
Note: A Factory Reset will erase all of your personal content from the phone. To ensure your personal information is backed up, refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files and Before You Perform a Factory Reset.
- Boot the phone into Recovery Mode
- Note: If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone
- Use the VOL DOWN button to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset
- Press the POWER button to select Wipe data/factory reset
- Use the VOL DOWN button to select Yes - - delete all user data
- Press the POWER button to confirm
- Note: Once formatting is complete, Data wipe complete will show in the lower-left corner
- With reboot system now highlighted, press the POWER button to confirm a REBOOT
- After the phone restarts:
- If you are selling the phone, giving it away, or returning it to Republic, the factory reset is now complete, and you can power off the phone.
- If you are factory resetting the phone to solve an issue, continue with the instructions in set up the phone with no third-party apps.
- To restore contacts, photos, and apps associated with Google, you must have the correct Google account login information. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your phone and/or losing personal information.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset. Doing so may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From