- To reset the phone to a factory state from the external menus
- Moto E1
- Moto E2
- Moto G1
- Moto X1
- Moto X2
NOTE: This reset will erase all data from the phone. See additional notes to backup data prior to the reset.
- Ensure that the phone is unplugged from any charger
- Boot the phone into Recovery Mode
- Use the VOL DOWN button to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset
- Press the POWER button to select Wipe data/factory reset
- Use the VOL DOWN button to select YES- delete all user data
- Press the POWER button to confirm
- Once formatting is complete, press the POWER button to confirm a REBOOT
If you had a screen lock set up (pin, pattern or password) prior to performing a factory reset, you'll be asked to enter the Google email address and password associated with your phone during the setup process
An external factory reset will reset your phone to a cleared state - apps, internal memory, contacts, photos/videos, or other personal info will not be backed up or synced automatically. Any firmware updates you have installed will still be on your phone. To ensure your personal information is backed up, please refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files.
You must have the correct Google account login information before resetting the device. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your device.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset, as it may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From