No longer supported
This phone is no longer supported for activation with Republic. Please see Republic Wireless Phones for information on currently supported phones.
- Message "Republic Wireless is currently recording audio. com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox:indicator will not be able to record now."
- Message appears when on a call or when using the video function of the Camera application
- Huawei Ascend 5W
- Outbound calls
- Inbound calls
- Camera application
- Open Settings
- Tap Google
- Tap Search. Assistant & Voice
- Tap Voice
- Tap Voice Match
- Note: If you don't see Voice Match, proceed to the next step
- Ensure that Access with Voice Match is toggled OFF (slider will need to be gray and slid to the left)
The issue is related to the "OK Google" feature of the Google application running even when the microphone is already in use.
For information on providing feedback to Google about how this application is working on your phone, see How to Contact an Android Application Developer
Article Created From