- To reset the phone to a factory state via the Settings menu
- Republic Wireless Motorola, Nexus, and Google 3.0 phones
- Running Android 7.1 Nougat and below
- To ensure your personal information is backed up, please refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files.
- Open Settings
- Tap Backup & reset
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap RESET PHONE
- Tap ERASE EVERYTHING
- Note: If you have a screen lock set up (pin, pattern, or password), you'll need to verify that first
For a complete reset, make sure Automatic Restore and Back up my data are set to off
A factory reset will reset your phone to a cleared state - apps, internal memory, contacts, photos/videos, or other personal info will not be backed up or synced automatically. Any firmware updates you have installed will still be on your phone.
Article Created From