- To reset the phone to a factory state via the Settings menu
- Republic Wireless Motorola, Nexus, and Google 3.0 phones
- Running Android 7.1 Nougat and below
- To ensure your personal information is backed up, please refer to How to Back Up Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files.
- Open Settings
- Tap Backup & reset
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap RESET PHONE
- Tap ERASE EVERYTHING
- Note: If you have a screen lock set up (pin, pattern, or password), you'll need to verify that first
For a complete reset, make sure Automatic Restore and Back up my data are set to off
A factory reset will reset your phone to a cleared state - apps, internal memory, contacts, photos/videos, or other personal info will not be backed up or synced automatically. Any firmware updates you have installed will still be on your phone.
You must have the correct Google account login information before resetting the device. Resetting without this information puts you at risk of permanently being locked out of your device.
- Note: Do not change your Google account password for 72 hours before or after your factory reset, as it may lock you out of your phone for an additional 72 hours for security purposes.
Article Created From