- Phone does not power on when pressing the power button
- Phone does not appear to be charging
- Screen is black
- All Republic Wireless 3.0 phones
- All phones that do not have removable batteries
- Remove any protective cases
- Connect the phone to the charger for at least 30 minutes
- Note: There may be no indicator, but the phone is charging
- After 30 minutes, press and hold the Power button for upwards of five minutes
- Note: Once the phone comes on, you can release the power button. If the phone does not power on, continue with step 4.
- If the issue persists, attempt to Clear the System Cache
- Note: This step only applies to certain phones; check the Environment section of the Clear the System Cache article to ensure your phone is listed. If not, continue to Step 6.
- If the screen is still black, Perform an External Factory Reset
- Note: This step will delete all files on your phone
If none of the steps above resolved the issue, open a Help Ticket or respond to your existing ticket
Some phones, such as those without removable batteries are more likely to go into protection mode. This causes your phone to remain powered off to conserve enough power to maintain the data stored on your phone.
- You will also want to make sure that you test charging with different chargers, cables, and outlets
- If the phone does not power on, please open a help ticket and list the troubleshooting steps you have completed