Certain phones cannot be re-activated!
- Move the phone to a new or another account with the same phone number
- Republic Wireless 3.0 phones
- Two or more Republic Wireless accounts
- Online Account Portal
- If the phone you want to move is assigned to a user, un-assign the user
- Open a Help Ticket so an agent can assist you with moving your phone and telephone number
- Note: The phone that's being moved will need to be canceled before the number can be moved
- Note: A Republic Wireless agent will cancel your service line on your behalf when you are ready
- Once the line is canceled the owner of the new/other account will need to reactivate the phone with a temporary number using the new/other account's log-in credentials
- Note that you won't be able to select your desired phone number during this step; a new temporary number will be assigned
- The owner of the new/other account needs to open a second ticket from the new/other account's verified owner email referencing the ticket number from Step 2 and provided permission for the number to be assigned to the new service line
- Wait for confirmation from Republic Wireless Help that the number transfer has been completed.
- Numbers are generally transferred across accounts within a couple of hours
- Reboot your phone
- If the phone being moved is currently on one of our 1.0 Republic Wireless plans, it will initially be activated onto one of the 2.0 Republic Refund plans. Ask your Republic Help Agent about getting reverted back to your original plan after activation has completed.
- If only moving the phone number to a different/new phone on a separate account, see: How to Move a Number to a Phone on a Different Account
- If moving just the phone to another account, see: How to Move a Phone to Another Account
- If moving a user's phone and number to another account, see: How to Move a User's Phone and Number to New or Other Account
- Call Detailed Records (CDR's) and Voicemail do not transfer with the number. Once the service line cancel then CDR information and voicemails will no longer be available, see: How to View Call Records and Message History
Article Created From