- Move a phone to a new or other account with same phone number
- All Republic Wireless phones excluding the DEFY XT
- Two or more Republic Wireless accounts
- Help Ticket Tool
- Open a Help Ticket to get the service line associated with the phone and number canceled
- In the Reason for Ticket field select Merge or Split Account
- A Republic Wireless agent will cancel your service line on your behalf
- Once the line is canceled you will need to reactivate the phone with a temporary number using the new/other account's log-in credentials
- Note that you won't be able to select your desired phone number during this step; a new temporary number will be assigned
- Open a second ticket from the new/other account referencing the ticket number from Step 1
- Wait for confirmation from Republic Wireless Help that the transfer has been completed.
- Numbers are transferred across accounts only during normal business hours and can require up to four business hours to complete.
- Reboot your phone
If the phone being moved is currently on one of our 1.0 Republic Wireless plans, it will initially be activated onto one of the 2.0 Republic Refund plans. Ask your Republic Help Agent about getting reverted back to your original plan after activation has completed.
If only moving the phone number to a different/new phone on a separate account, see: How to Move a Number to a Phone on a Different Account
If moving just the phone to another account, see: How to Move a Phone to Another Account
Article Created From