- To update to the latest version of the phone's software
- 3.0 Motorola and Nexus phones
- Android versions prior to 8.0 Oreo
- Open Settings
- Tap About Phone
- Tap System Updates
- If available, follow the instructions on your phone to download and install it
- A WiFi connection is recommended when you perform an update. WiFi may be needed to perform the update. As well, if your phone is not connected to a WiFi then your phone will use Cellular Data during the update.
- Depending on how far behind your device is on software updates, this may need to be done multiple times. Continue these steps until you see "your device's software is up to date."
- System updates have a chance of deleting your personal information from the device. We recommend backing up your information before doing an update. How to Backup Contacts, Photos, Videos, Apps, Music, Messages, or Other Miscellaneous Files
Article Created From