To boot your phone into safe mode
- Press and hold the Power button for 2-3 seconds until the Power off pop-up message appears
- Press and hold the on-screen Power off pop-up message until you see Reboot to safe mode
- Note: If you are running Android 8.0 Oreo or higher on a Nexus, Google, or Motorola phone, this will automatically reboot the phone into Safe Mode without showing the pop-up
- Tap OK when the Reboot to safe mode pop-up appears
- Your phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in the bottom-left corner
- Try using or testing the issue you were experiencing while in Safe Mode
Safe mode disables third-party applications, making this a good step to take to help ensure an app on your phone isn't causing any issues.
Safe mode will disable the Republic Wireless app in some phones. To learn which phones see Does Safe Mode Disable the Republic Wireless App?
When you are finished operating your phone in safe mode, simply restart your phone to exit safe mode.
If you were asked in a help ticket to place your phone in safe mode, respond to the ticket letting Republic Help know if the issue persisted in safe mode.
Article Created From